The student news site of Midlothian Heritage High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Bustin’ Brandys

Branded Burger Review
This is the Jelly Belly burger from Branded Burger. This was the burger ordered for this review.
Photo by Elijah Lott

Often during class or after school, I hear students talking about places to hang out. One such place is Branded Burger. It comes up in conversation the most out of any of the places I hear other students talk about, but I myself have never gone until now. In this culinary exploration of Branded Burger, I have found one of my new favorite spots to eat.

My time in the restaurant was pleasant overall, from the call to order the food, to picking it up. They had my burger and fries ready before I even arrived. It has the same feel as a steakhouse, playing old country classics, and you could tell it was a Texan restaurant just by standing in it. The inside of Branded Burger smells like a processed beef heaven, and they cook right in front of the counter which makes the experience more engaging for the customer.

The Fries: The fries were in a huge container, and I wasn’t able to eat it all in one sitting. They were well seasoned, however they were also a little moist and that put me off a bit.

The Jelly Belly burger: The bun was slightly toasted, which made it the perfect place to house the other ingredients. The patty didn’t taste all that great on its own, but the other ingredients more than made up for it. The provolone cheese’s taste was too mild and was overtaken by the other ingredients. The onions were grilled well and they weren’t overcooked or undercooked. The mushrooms were diced into thin squares and were spongy in texture. This was my favorite part of the burger.

Final thoughts: After trying Branded Burger and enjoying their delicious food, I can say without a doubt that this is my new favorite burger place and I will be coming back. I give this restaurant a nine out of ten.