The student news site of Midlothian Heritage High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Quintuple Threat

All five DFW sports teams are in season
Photo by Alyssa Camp
For the first time since 2010, all five North Texas professional sports teams are in season at the same time. This is only the second time this has happened in history. -Made in Canva

Sports have always been an important part of North Texas culture, with many families spending their weekends and weeknights watching sports together as a family. However, this year is an especially unique year for sports in the area. For the first time since 2010, all 5 of the DFW professional sports teams are in season at the same time.

The Dallas Cowboys started their season in September and are going strong after losing to the San Francisco 49ers in the 2023 postseason.

On Wednesday, October 25, the Dallas Mavericks started their season and have won all four of their games so far, after a disappointing 22-23 season.

Starting in early October, the Dallas Stars are eight games into their season and have only lost two games so far.

FC Dallas, DFW’s professional soccer team, is also in season with few losses so far. They’re currently playing in the MLS Cup Playoffs.

Last but not least, after a disappointing previous season, the Texas Rangers have triumphed by making it to the World Series for the first time since 2011.

It’s been over a decade since the last time this happened and it’s only the second time in sports history this has ever occurred.