The student news site of Midlothian Heritage High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Top 5 Shows For Teenagers

Amazing Shows Every Teenager Should Watch
Shows are an amazing way to get your mind off the world in front of you. They also have the ability to shape who you are. 

- Made in Canva
Photo by Preslee Frazier
Shows are an amazing way to get your mind off the world in front of you. They also have the ability to shape who you are. – Made in Canva

As a teenager in 2023, there are thousands of different shows for us to watch. But, not all of them are interesting enough, or they are too dark, or too inappropriate. Personally, watching shows is a way for me to forget about the world I’m in and focus on a different one, and I like to watch shows that aren’t boring, or that leave me unable to sleep because I am terrified. I made a list of my top five shows for teens like me.

5) “Modern Family”
“Modern Family,” is such an amazing show. I love to watch this show with my family, because it is a casual watch, and you don’t really need to pay your full attention to it. This show is about a family in the 2010’s, who live in California, and how each of their personalities lead to crazy, but relatable experiences.

4) “Friday Night Lights”
“Friday Night Lights,” will forever be a show that has shaped the person I am today. It is based around a Texas high school football team who experience a tragic event that will shape the rest of the show. Being a high school student in Texas, this show is very easy to relate to.

3) “Stranger Things”
Known by many, “Stranger Things” is a great show for teens and family. It is scary but not too scary, and will leave you hooked. This show starts with a boy who gets taken by a human-like monster, and this event leads to his mom and brother finding clues and trying to kill the monster. When Joyce (the mom) and Jonathan (the brother) speak out about their concerns, the town just thinks they are grieving wrong and crazy. I love this show, however, I personally didn’t like the most recent season as much as the rest of the show, but this is a must watch.

2) “Gossip Girl”
I absolutely love this show. In a nutshell, it is about rich teens in New York City, who have a stalker that posts all of their secrets and rumors on a website known as “Gossip Girl.” Personally, I think it’s amazing how a show can be so unrelatale and relatable at the same time. This is because these teenagers find themselves in the craziest situations that a regular teenager would rarely or never get themselves into. There are a few suggestive scenes, but it’s overall a really great show.

1) “Gilmore Girls”
My number one favorite show, “Gilmore Girls.” This show is about a mom and her very smart daughter who live in a small town. The show starts with Rory (the daughter), getting accepted into a prestigious school, known as Chilton. Her mother, Lorelai, can’t afford this school but will do whatever it takes to find the money, even if it includes talking to her rich parents, who she doesn’t have the best relationship with. This show will make you feel good and perfect for the fall and winter months.

All in all, these shows are interesting, moderately appropriate, and easily enjoyable. In my opinion, these shows are amazing and every teenager should watch them at least once in their lifetime.