The student news site of Midlothian Heritage High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

A Life Lost at A&M

Student falls of balcony at Texas A&M
Photo by Charleston Franklin
Texas A&M is a college university located in College Station TX. Recently, a tragic death occurred to a freshman health major after a fall from a three-story high balcony. – Made in Canva

On Sunday, October 15, a freshman student by the name of Brittnay Romero died on campus after falling off the third floor of a balcony at Texas A&M University.

According to multiple news sources, the Texas A&M Police Department are still evaluating the tragic death of freshman health major Romero.

University Appointee orderd Brazos health officals to construct an atopsy to determine the cause of death. At this time, there is no known cause of death.

Texas A&M Vice President of Student Affairs, Joe E. Ramirez released a statement to offer his condolences.

“It is with deep sadness that I confirm that a Texas A&M student passed away early this morning. Britney Romero was a freshman health major. Our hearts ache for Britney’s family and friends. They have our deepest sympathies and support as they navigate this devastating loss.”

In Ramirez’s letter to the students of Texas A&M, he also offers resources for counceling for anyone who was affected by these unforseen cirumstances.

“We encourage our students to talk to counselors at University Health Services and/or case workers at Student Assistance Services (SAS), who also are available and standing by”.