The student news site of Midlothian Heritage High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Wrong-way Crash in Midlothian

Two Dead, Two Injured
Two cars crashed into each other on US-287 after one car was going the wrong way. The crash resulted in two deaths and two critically injured. -Made in Canva

Two people are dead and two more are injured resulting from a wrong-way crash on November 25.

At midnight, officers were called to the 3800 block of US Highway 287 for a vehicle going the wrong direction in the southbound lanes. By the time the police arrived, the wrong-way vehicle had crashed head-on into another vehicle.

Upon arrival, they found one of the vehicles engulfed in flames. The officers were able to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher, but unfortunately one of the drivers and a passenger were pronounced dead at the scene.

These two people were identified as Lakeshia Savala and Joanna Cain. Another passenger and one of the drivers were sent to the hospital by air ambulance and are in critical condition.

Due to the crash, the southbound lanes of the highway were shut down for several hours so that police could investigate the crash. The investigation is still ongoing.