The student news site of Midlothian Heritage High School

The Roar

The Roar

The Roar

Nine Vehicle Crash in El Paso

Man Dead in Car Accident
Recently, in El Paso, Texas, nine vehicles got into a fiery crash. As a result, one man died, while the rest were injured, and taken to the hospital. 

- Made in Canva
Photo by Preslee Frazier
Recently, in El Paso, Texas, nine vehicles got into a fiery crash. As a result, one man died, while the rest were injured, and taken to the hospital. – Made in Canva

On November 8th, in El Paso, Texas, nine vehicles crashed into each other along Loop 375. The nine vehicles include: a 20 Gray Peterbilt (an extremely heavy tow truck), a Ford Edge, a Dodge Charger, a 2000 Honda Accord, a 2000 Ford Ranger, and 2015 Toyota Camry, a 2008 Pontiac, a 2023 Hyundai Tucson, and a Hyundai Elantra.

Traffic around Loop 375 unexpectedly started to slow down. While attempting to slow down, the driver of the tow truck had to swerve in order to avoid hitting the Ford Edge. He failed, leading into the two vehicles crashing into each other. The police describe the rest of the crashes as a series of “chain reaction crashes.” Almost every car lit on fire besides the Hyundai Tucson and the Hyundai Elantra.

While the others were rushed to the hospital, 28 year-old Jorge Quintana, (the driver of the Honda Accord), passed away at the scene. Quintana was a veteran, husband, and a father of two children.

According to the El Paso police, this is the 68th traffic fatality this year.

View Comments (1)

Comments (1)

All Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• C

ChallengerPerezNov 30, 2023 at 9:19 am

People in EL Paso have soo much road rage…
    Always in a hurry, not paying attention, always on their cell phones… Please remember your not the only ones out in the streets… Have respect to others… Everyone has Loved ones they need to get too…

Reply