Peace Out!

Peace+Out%21

I’m honestly not really sure what to write for this, so I guess I’ll start from the beginning. Well, the beginning of high school, at least.  

For the majority of the time that I’ve been at Heritage High School, I’ve been pretty clueless. I came here from Frank Seale, way on the other side of town, and didn’t know many people or how to function in such a big school (comparatively speaking to middle school). I joined dual credit classes freshman year, where I didn’t really have any idea of how college coursework worked. Then, when college application season rolled around, you guessed it, I was empty-minded about what I wanted to major in/ do with my future. Basically, since 9th grade, I’ve kind of just been going with the flow. 

That was until I joined Jaguar Media.

In all truthfulness, I didn’t even know we had a school newspaper until last year, but I’m so grateful that I joined. Being a part of the newspaper team has finally given me some ground to stand on and a lot of clarity and inspiration for what I want to do in the future. This year I’ve gotten the opportunity to learn so many new things, and I can’t wait to learn even more about journalism in the future.

Thank you to my incredible editors, Avery and Mac, for always catching my AP style mistakes (which is usually a lot, especially the Taylor Swift ranking column…sorry, Avery) and being outstanding leaders. Ya’ll have done a fantastic job this year, and I can’t wait to see all the great things you do in the future! Thanks, Nat and Delaney, for always making me laugh and letting me eavesdrop on all of yall’s conversations. Also, shout out to Kate for always having the coolest story pitch ideas. And I wanted to give the biggest thank you of all to Mrs. Kidder for teaching me what journalism is all about and being patient with me when I kept switching back and forth between A/V and Newspaper a million times during the first week of school. Although I’ve only had you as a teacher for one year, you’ll be one of the most influential mentors I’ll ever have.

While I’ve only been on this team for a year, I’m genuinely grateful for all the experience and knowledge I’ve gained these past few months. I’ve loved getting to know everyone on the newspaper team, and I’ll forever cherish the short time I got to spend with ya’ll. 

Peace out, home slices!