70% Of My Time

Kamryn Hatch, Photography Editor

Well well, the time has come where I have to write this column on saying goodbye. Do I really need to though is the question. I’m sure that no matter what I will always be a part of this team, this room, this family, and where I spent 70% of my time throughout high school.

To my team. For the past three years, I have been a part of the photography staff. The first being a regular staff member and the past two being a leader. Watching people come and go has been exciting and upsetting but knowing that Mrs. Kidder will never forget them or me, gives me peace of mind. I hope that during the two years I have been editor I have left my mark on my photographers and Jaguar Media in general. Each and every one of my photographers have left an impact on me whether it was big or small and I am forever grateful. 

To the two extra class periods. This year being a senior I was enrolled in all three Jaguar Media class periods. I only had grades for 2nd period but I helped out with AV a good amount of time. From the Roar, to the story team, to whatever they need to do. When I’m not helping I am usually taking a nap on the rug under the podcast table or eating the snacks Cameron gave me. Although it might seem boring to be in the same room for three class periods, there was never a time where we had nothing to do whether that be assignments or playing games. Thank you to my 3rd and 4th period people.

To the room. “Can I go to the media room?” A phrase I’ve said probably a good hundred times. This room was a safe space for me for the past four years. Anytime I needed a good laugh, a good cry, or just a place to exist I was always there. Before the studio, we had the hot pocket lounge, or as I liked to call it, the panic room. This room has felt like a second home from the first moment I walked in. I have celebrated new faces and I have mourned the familiar faces that leave. It doesn’t matter who you are or what kind of person you may be, the room doesn’t judge. I will miss my safe space.

To my adviser. Mrs. Kidder, Momma K, or let’s even bring out the full legal name, Mrs. Rachel Chloe Kidder. You have changed my life in ways you probably have no idea about. You helped make me who I am today. If I was able to visibly rewatch who I was freshman year, like a movie if you will, I wouldn’t be able to recognize myself. You have brought out so much confidence in me I didn’t even know I had or was capable of having. No matter the subject or scenario, if you agreed or disagreed, you always gave me the opportunity to say how I felt. I have come to you crying, laughing, or maybe even both at the same time, and no matter what you were there. If all of my teachers asked me who my favorite teacher was I would lie and say I didn’t have one, but secretly you’re my Audrey of teachers.