The End of an Era

The End of an Era

Austin Emery, Yearbook Editor-In-Chief

Saying goodbye this year feels really odd. It’s like I’ve been waiting my whole life to reach this point, yet I still can’t believe that my senior year is coming to an end. 

Looking back on senior year is definitely interesting. Usually, at the end of the school year, I can look back at all the experiences that I had that year, but this past year mostly brought memories of sitting at home and looking at a computer screen all day. Although on the surface it seemed like a boring year, there are still some things that I can look back on and feel good about. 

The main thing being the successful completion of the yearbook this year. It was a very different and odd year, but the yearbook staff still worked really hard to get this out for students to enjoy and that is something that I’m really proud about. I was also completely virtual this year, which brought some different challenges. In the end, I was still able to get everything done that I needed to do. It was such a satisfying feeling going through and finishing the final proofs for the book and I can’t wait to see the reactions of the students as they receive their yearbooks at the end of the year. 

I also got a lot closer with some of my friends this year. Seeing how fast everything can change, made me look at everything from a different perspective and it made me appreciate the people around me a lot more. 

I’m glad that I can look back at senior year and feel good about it, despite all the negative things that happened throughout. Although I still can’t believe that I’m saying goodbye to high school, I do overall feel ready to move on and see what life has in store for me.