Jaguar News

Volleyball State Semifinal vs. Needville

Back to Article
Back to Article

Coach Lindsay Fallen comforts a player as the Jaguar volleyball team loses their final game. “It was a heartbreaking loss, but moments like this are so rare and beautiful!” Lindsay Fallen said. Kaylee Keasler (12) had just played in her last volleyball game ever, and her JV coach of two years did all she could to be there.

photo by Griffin Thornton

photo by Griffin Thornton

photo by Griffin Thornton

Emily Shipman and Erin Green

photo by Griffin Thornton
The Jaguar volleyball team celebrates a good play. “I was excited. All of the emotions and feelings were building up to this one point, and it was make or break,” Elizabeth Schmidt (10) said. Kelsey Carpenter (11) had just blocked a hit.

Kaylee Rutenbar (11) jump serves the ball. ”I wanted to win and that was all I was thinking the whole game,” Rutenbar said. The score was 5-0 during the third set of the state semifinal game.

Kelsey Carpenter (11) serves the ball. “I knew I needed to get my serve over to get my team a chance to win the rally,” Carpenter said. During the first set, Carpenter attempted to push points on the other team in order to start off strong.

The Jaguar volleyball team poses for a picture after their final game. “I was so sad that we lost the game, but our goal was to make it to state and that’s what we did. I know that we will do better next year,” Hanna Larson (11) said. The loss was difficult to take, but overall the girls had a great season.

Coach Lindsay Fallen comforts a player as the Jaguar volleyball team loses their final game. “It was a heartbreaking loss, but moments like this are so rare and beautiful!” Lindsay Fallen said. Kaylee Keasler had just played in her last volleyball game ever, and her JV coach of two years did all she could to be there.