Football Playoff Game vs. Carthage

Back to Article
Back to Article

Football Playoff Game vs. Carthage

Abby Charnoski (11) stands near the 20 yard line after Carthage defeated Heritage 50-49 in the playoff game. “The team worked very hard and they deserved that win,” Charnoski said. Charnoski has been a Heritage Belle since her freshman year and says she feels a special connection to the football players.

photo by Hunter Spears

photo by Hunter Spears

photo by Hunter Spears

• Dre Washington (12) hugs his dad after the devastating loss against Carthage. “I left everything I had on the field,” Washington said. Washington didn't feel the need to cry because he knew that he tried his best.

photo by Hunter Spears

• Matthew Stanton (12) reacts to the loss of the game with tears in his eyes. “My team put in so much effort, hard work and even extra days on the weekend trying to get to this point, and for it to be over just like that really hit me hard,” Stanton said. Stanton feels saddened at the thought of knowing he will never be able to play as a Jaguar again.

photo by Hunter Spears

• With a bitter sweet smile, Noah Waxler sits on one knee in heart break. “All I could think about was that it was all over. No more early morning practices, no more team dinners, no more reading to the kids on fridays,” Waxler said. Waxler felt that the devastating lost made all the hard work they put in be all for nothing.

photo by Hunter Spears

• Standing tall, Luke Phipps is at his all time low. “I was mainly sad because it was the last day I got to run with two really great guys, Landon George and Creed Spenrath,” Phipps said. Although it was a day of loss, Phipps feels that next year we can meet this goal.

photo by Hunter Spears

• Abby Charnoski (11) stands near the 20 yard line after Carthage defeated Heritage 50-49 in the playoff game. “The team worked very hard and they deserved that win,” Charnoski said. Charnoski has been a Heritage Belle since her freshman year and says she feels a special connection to the football players.

photo by Hunter Spears