The Best of Netflix

Netflix’s hottest shows and movies, both new and old

Rachel Cyers, Writer

With both a new year and spring break coming up, it’s easy to get bored when you aren’t swamped with homework. You could go outside, go to the mall, or perhaps do what every teenager does: watch TV. Even with news, cartoons, and movies regularly playing on more than 9000 channels, the best, newest series always released on Netflix.

The Killing

Mystery, suspense, drama

Netflix Rating: ★★★★★

Based off of the Danish story Forbrydelsen, This Netflix original series takes place in the gray city of Seattle and revolves around the mysterious death of high school senior Rosie Larsen. Two officers, Holder and Linden, take the case and go through many twists and turns to find the killer. This show is one of those that makes you watch episode after episode, and before you know it, you will have finished all of season one by midnight. There is so much action, thrilling suspense, and plot twists that make for one of the greatest crime shows ever.

Stranger Things

Sci-fi, mystery, drama

Netflix Rating: ★★★★★

Another Netflix Original, Stranger Things blew up with hype in 2016. If you haven’t heard of it, chances are, you’re living under a rock. This story follows the disappearance of Will Byers in 1980’s Indiana. When Will doesn’t return home one day, his three friends take action with the help of a mysterious young girl with supernatural powers. With a thick plot and sprinkle of romance, the first season was left on a cliffhanger last summer. However, episode names for season two were most recently posted along with the prediction of a release this summer. You better watch season one before then, or you’ll get behind.

The Office

Sitcom, Mockumentary

Netflix Rating: ★★★★★

This popular show depicts the everyday life of office workers in the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Manager Michael Scott leads a downward spiral of antics, unconventional – and unusual – conflict, and loose romance along side his employees. Based on the British show by the same name, The Office ties in a variety of characters and wide range of persona that make for very humorous moments.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Teen Comedy

Netflix Rating: ★★★★★

After convincing his whole high school that he’s at death’s door, eighteen-year-old Ferris Bueller ditches school with his best friend and girlfriend for a fun day on the streets of Chicago. Throughout a day full of chance-taking and trouble, this classic explores the forth wall and offers timeless advice. This is truly a movie that never gets old.