The 1950’s Take Over the Gym

Erin Rivera, Writer

On October 28th all the students shuffled into the Big Gym with excitement after being greeted by the football boys and cheerleaders. This pep rally was going to be a special one, specifically planned to celebrate Decade day with Greece attire and decorations. Everyone was pumped for this pep rally, especially the cheerleaders, who had been prepping all week for this day.

“I’m really excited for the routine our varsity team has prepared for today,”said Taryn Jones (9)”Although I’m not performing in this pep rally, I’m still super hyped up about it.”

These pep rallies aren’t only for the students. Many parents fill the bleachers with their own forms of school spirit. Most of the parents had kids in the pep rally, but some just come because they  enjoy watching our school spirit, cheerleaders, and drill team perform.

“My daughters, Sarah and Samantha Dalton, are on the cheer squad I really enjoy coming and watching my girls perform,” said Suzanne Dalton (Parent). “I honestly would still  come to the pep rally’s even if my girls weren’t in them.”

The Belles Officers and Councilors as well as Varsity Cheerleaders did a combined performance with the football players in honor of Decade day. It started out with the cheerleaders standing in the center of the court, and the next thing we know the belles are joining them, followed by the football players. They did a partner dance and some individual dancing as well.

“I’m super hyped up about this performance, we do it every year and honestly it gets better and better every year,” said Caitlyn Hamilton (11). “I’m really excited for the game tonight also because were presenting a check to the cancer foundation.”

As the pep rally came to an end we all joined arms and sang the heritage pride song. Students raced out of the gym to go home and wait for the last varsity home game of the season.

“I think tonight’s game is going to be a really good one, we’ve been practicing hard and everything we’ve been practicing has been executed fairly well,” said Isaiah McCrary (12). “If we come out strong tonight the game should be a fairly easy win.”