Homecoming Pep Rally

Kaci Wiens, Staff Member

The Midlothian Heritage High School football players gather in the weight room, staring out the window at the stands, filled with students and teachers. Other athletes and coaches litter the field, anticipating the homecoming pep rally. The sun is beating down on the turf football field as Heritage students prepare for the celebration.

Finally, the rally begins. The players burst through the spirit sign being held up by cheerleaders as the crowd cheers them on. They dart across the field to the opposite end zone, where they separate into two groups: Freshman/JV and Varsity. The Varsity players proudly sport the infamous MHHS red and Freshman and JV are suited up in white.

As the announcer excites the fans about the football game, the players chat with one another on the field.

“I’m most excited for the homecoming game itself, because I’m playing in it,” said Nick McRay (12). “The whole team is nervous, but I think we’ll fight through it and play a really good game.”

Moments after the team makes a break for the field house, the fans and students make conversation about the upcoming game.

“We’re going to beat Sanger High School,” said Brayton McDaniel (10). “I think the score will be 42-38, Heritage High School.”

Just feet away, Heritage seniors are soaking up the last bits of excitement for their final homecoming game.

“I’m ready for the game tonight, I’m super excited. We’re playing the Sanger Indians and I think we have a really good chance, we’re a really good football team and we have a lot of heart,” said Seth Golden (12).

As the pep rally wraps up, the football players being to mentally prepare for the biggest game of the year.

“We’ve worked hard all this week. We’ve practiced hard and we’re getting our minds right for the game,” says Nick McCray (12). “I’m expecting everybody to be there!”