Students get Hype about the Homecoming Parade

Erin Rivera, Writer

The crowd starts to roar as the golf carts make their way onto the track. This would mark the beginning of Heritage High School Homecoming parades. On Friday, September 23rd, all Heritage students and some parents gathered at the MHHS Turf Field to celebrate our school. Every club was there, from student council to the angler club, and they were all there anxious to represent their school and their organization.

Everyone in the stands was ecstatic about being a part of this special moment. This was Heritage High School history! It was the first year that the Jaguars would have their very own Homecoming Parade as a separate high school.

“The pep rally was even cooler from the stands, we got to just watch it all happen,” Mckenna Cooper (9) said. “I loved seeing our school come together as one and really celebrate how amazing our school is.”

The heat was blazing, everyone was sweating, but the student were excited to see their fellow classmates. As the pep rally went on, the heat seemed to get more intense, but as the heat grew, our school spirit burned even stronger.

“It seemed pretty hot if you were standing or walking around,” Alan Scheer (9) said. “It was actually worse sitting in the stands with the heat beating down on your neck, but it was worth it to see how much school spirit we all had.”

When the pep rally came to an end, all the students were fully prepared to go and cheer their boys on at the Varsity Football game later that night. Students left with the feeling that, the Homecoming game was going to be a good one.

“I think our school does these pep rallies just to get all of us really hyped up about football,” Grace Czernecki (9) said. ” It actually works really well, and I can see why they call them pep rallies! They do really get you hype!”