Christmas is Coming, Deck the Halls

Christmas is Coming, Deck the Halls

Kailey McComas, Contributing Writer

The countdown for Christmas has begun. Cheer and anticipation for the holiday to come, runs through the hallways and classrooms, filling the student body with the spirit of giving. The Deck the Halls event brought forth the feeling of Christmas to many of those who attended. Many students, families, and teachers attended the event with varying feedback.

“It was really cool to see all the different groups that were represented,” Heather Garrison (9) said.

Different organizations brought activities, food, or entertainment to the event. Choir sang, tennis sold baked goods, members of the band played Christmas music, the French club hosted a cake walk, Jaguar Media held a photo booth, the Belles hosted bingo, sold popcorn, and ran the Santa pictures. Many other organizations were involved as well with much preparation involved.

“We set up the backdrop for Santa, and then we got all the bingo stuff ready and put out some decorations, and filled a popcorn machine with bags of popcorn,” Grace Neill (9) said.

The preparation resulted in an extravagant event. Although, the spirit of Christmas was about, people who attended have suggestions for the event in upcoming years.

“I feel like they could have used the upstairs too,” Janalynn Fielding (9) said. “And they could have actually decorated instead of having like ten trees. Then having more groups come and participate and made it more public.”

So, in the end, the Deck the Halls event seemed to have been a success. The attendance record and lasting Christmas cheer proved this.